Actara 25WG is a new broad-spectrum insecticide for foliar and soil application to control sucking and some chewing insect pests.
- Mode of Action: Actara 25WG displays root, leaf and stem -systemic activity. In target insects, it shows a quick stomach and contact action. Symptoms start 15-30 minutes after uptake in aphids and after 1 hour in whiteflies. Feeding is stopped, the sucking insect withdraws their stylets, stretch their legs and move the antennae forward. Interferes with the insect Nervous system.
- The spectrum of activity: Actara 25WG is highly active against sucking insects (e.g. aphids, leafhoppers, whiteflies).
- Poisoning Symptoms: No case of human poisoning is on record
Dosage for foliar application:
- Tomatoes, Pepper, Peas, Cucurbits, Okra, Potatoes (Aphids, Whiteflies, Jassids, Colorado beetles) use 200g/Ha as a foliar spray at the beginning of the infestation.
- Ornamentals (Aphids, Whiteflies, Jassids) use 150g/Ha.
Dosage for soil Treatment in various Crops:
- Tomato (Colorado Potato beetle, Whiteflies), use 4-8g per 100 Linear metre. 600g/Ha and incorporate (drench) at sowing, in furrows or side dressing.
- Coffee (Scales, Antestia bugs, Berry Borer, Coffee leaf miner, Mealybugs) use 4g/20 Litre Knapsack. 20 Litres enough to cover 25 trees. Using as a drench gives a longer residual control.
Composition: Thiomethoxam 250g/kg
PHI: Chillies, Cucurbits & tomatoes -3days; Peas, beans, Lettuce, brassicas- 7 days; ornamentals 0 days; Pepper, Okra -3 days; Coffee & Tobacco -14 days.
Timing: 7-14 days spray interval. Not more than 2 -3 sprays a season.